STCW 95 Certificate Refresher Training Course
STCW Refresher training is now compulsory for revalidation of all STCW’95 certificates with an expiry date after January 1, 2017 or those having no expiration date.
- Basic STCW 95 refresher training is now mandatory every five years.
- This is a 2 day course of practical training for Personal Survival Techniques and Basic Fire Fighting.
- To avoid retaking the entire “Personal Survival Techniques” module, students must complete a self-declaration form declaring they have performed the following duties during drills or simulated exercise situations within the last 5 years:
- Donning a life jacket
- Boarding a survival craft from ship, while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a lifeboat to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a lifeboat drogue or sea-anchor
- Operating survival craft equipment
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
*Note that the vessels’ registered number and dates on board are also required on the declaration.
- The course is available from 1 August 2015 and can be taken with any IYT Partner School approved to teach STCW’95 Basic Safety Training.
- Please complete this training if your certificate has an expiration date after January 1, 2017 before attempting to re-validate an existing certificate.
- Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or contact the IYT Partner School with whom you trained.
**Please note that not all flag states accept STCW certification from other flag states (such as the United States) so please check with your flag state before taking STCW refresher courses.