What Does It Cost to be an IYT School?
- School Membership & Audit Fees.
- Instructor Registration.
- Course Costs & Certificates.
- Shipping & Handling.
Membership & Audit Fees
Please see this document for School Membership Fees (as of April 1, 2017)
Those schools applying for professional status must be inspected prior to gaining approval to join IYT. The cost of the inspection must be paid prior to the initial visit. We try and keep these costs to a minimum.
These expenses will vary based on the school’s location as price of airfare and accommodations and daily expenses will vary. The daily rate of the inspector will also vary. It would be wise to calculate $4,000 to $6,000 per visit, however, this is not an official quote and is only given as a guideline to schools to aid in making a decision to pursue. Becoming an IYT professional partner school is an expensive process and we want schools to be aware of this before spending a vast amount of effort on something they may not be prepared to undertake.
All IYT schools are subject to periodic audits to ensure that they are complying with appropriate standards. Schools pay for the audits, but we attempt to keep costs to a minimum and spread them across a number of schools in the region. It’s very hard for us to be specific about how frequently audits will take place and exactly what they will cost. We have to reserve the right to visit schools at anytime, but also realise that it wouldn’t make sense to burden schools with excessive compliance costs.
All schools need to have at least one registered instructor. Only registered instructors can deliver IYT courses. They may also order IYT certificates for the students they have trained successfully.
Instructors pay for their initial certificates which are valid for five years from date of issue. Thereafter, to remain in good standing instructors would have to undertake any required further professional development training and pay an annual membership subscription of between $50 and $150. The cost is based on the range of courses covered and the depth of knowledge required.
Please see this document for Instructor Membership & Certificate Prices as of April 1, 2017. The cost is based on the range of courses covered and the depth of knowledge required.
Course Costs & Certificates
Schools determine the price for a course, not IYT. Schools set their own prices and schedules based on their geographic and economic situation.
All IYT certificates are photo based, credit card style and come with enhanced security features such as holograms and QR codes, with the exception of some dinghy certificates.
Certificates are to be ordered and paid for online.
Shipping & Handling
- Certificates will be processed and shipped only after payment has been received.
- Please allow four weeks for processing. This does not include delivery time.
- Airmail may take up to four weeks to reach final destination, if at all. It is not traceable so there is no tracking number. We strongly discourage airmail and are not responsible for lost airmail shipments.
- If airmail is the chosen method of shipment and the package is lost, you will be billed for the full cost of the replacement plus shipping. (Airmail is free of charge).
- Courier takes three to five business days depending on location and you will receive the tracking number when your order ships. (May range from $30 to $90 based on location – we cannot quote exact prices here).