IYT has two levels of membership, Level 1 (recreational courses) and Level 2 (professional courses) and a separate level for dive schools that wish to teach the diveboat courses. For more information on IYT's diveboat courses please see our 'courses' page.
Professional courses are defined as the courses that must be taken for those who wish to make a career at sea and are paid to work aboard commercial yachts and diveboats.
Membership fees for Level 1 recreational schools range in price from $300 to $600 per year, Level 2 professional school fees the range is $500 to $1,500 per year and may require inspection of facilities, vessels and instructors prior to operation. Some additional fees can apply for unique programs and other requirements like a second location.
Recreational Schools are authorized to teach the following 12 courses provided the school has the required vessels (power or sail), and all instructors must be qualified by IYT to do so.
Recreational Schools Course List
- International Crew (power or sail)
- International Flotilla Skipper (power or sail)
- International Bareboat Skipper (power or sail)
- International Certificate of Competency (ICC) (power or sail)
- VHF Radio Operations
- Powerboat Master
- Weather Master
- Navigation Master
- Personal Watercraft Operations (PWC)
- Yachtmaster Coastal (power or sail)
- Yachtmaster Offshore (power or sail)
- Yachtmaster Ocean (celestial navigation)