This is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht. It includes Introduction to Boating for power and sail yachts.
The International Crew Course consists of Modules 1 – 11 in the IYT International Boating & Sailing Passport and is a pre-requisite course for the IYT International Flotilla Skipper and/or IYT International Bareboat Skipper Course/s.
- Crew on a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres
- in coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
- in daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
It is the level of competence that someone needs either when acting as watchkeeping crew on a yacht and as a skipper of a small yacht in protected waters where help is immediately available in calm conditions.
- Nautical terminology
- Safety briefing
- Passage planning
- Rope work
- Basic rules of the road
- Introduction to weather
- Basic sail handling
- Basic handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Vessel equipment and instruments
- Engine checks and maintenance
- Deck seamanship
- Sailing vessels handling skills
- Sailing vessels under power
- Power vessel handling skills
- Dingy handling under power