VHF Radio Operators Certificate
VHF Maritime Radio Training Course
The IYT VHF Radio Marine Communications course is designed to ensure a thorough understanding of maritime radio communication at sea. It is intended for all marine environments and follows International standards.
IYT`s Maritime Radio Course provides VHF Radio training for the entire spectrum of VHF radio communications for recreational and professional boating. Students will learn how onboard radios and handheld radios, EPIRBs, SARTs, AIS and DSC-enabled radios, are used effectively in marine communications.
- Introduction to VHF radio's
- Basic maritime radio theory
- Line of sight
- Subsidiary equipment
- Common radio terms
- Regulations / Licensing requirements
- VHF radio equipment
- Radio procedures
- Transmitting and receiving
- The phonetic alphabet
- Emergency radio communications
- EPIRB and SART
- Handheld short range VHF maritime radios
As a professional in the yacht industry you are required to update and learn new skills on a regular basis. As you move up the chain of command or look for new opportunities your qualifications are essential.
IYT plays a leading role in your professional training with over 250 + schools in 40+ countries around the world. We facilitate theoretical and practical training with the following conditions;
- Elearning preparatory course
- ISO 9001:2008 Standards (BSI)
- Leading Government Approvals
- Leading International Certificate Acceptance
View our course progression for an understanding of what is possible when you train professionally with IYT.